A flipped classroom is a beautiful thing! Students walk into your classroom with the “lesson” under their belts ready to interact with the material. It opens open so many avenues of learning: from cooperative groups, to project based learning, to AVID strategies, to through the roof levels on any taxonomy scale. The classroom becomes your oyster! The downside? It takes an incredible amount of time up front to prepare for an out of class lesson along with an in class activity. Let me help you with the lesson aspect.
This site was designed with your time in mind. Below you will find:
- One click buttons that allow you to copy a video link or video embed code to my videos.
- Transcripts of each video so that you can quickly scan to see which ones best meet your needs.
- Handouts for your students to fill out while watching the videos.
- The video transcripts suggest questions that you can embed into EdPuzzle or HP5 along with timestamps for the questions.
- The videos are closed captioned.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that the handouts are ADA compliant.
So how is this site organized? To give you as many options as possible! If you have your own website, Moodle site, or Edmodo site that you would like to post video links on, the links you will need are listed in the table below. If you would like to send students directly to my site, I recommend sharing this link with them as a landing page: www.chemistryismyjam/flipped.
As I mentioned before, building these resources takes time. I’m working diligently to have quality content posted for you. My goal is to have all units complete by the Fall semester of 2018. Feel free to follow me on social media for updates of my progress. I also welcome any questions or comments you have about this site. Thank you for your interest in ChemistryIsMyJam.com!