This PowerPoint contains 29 visually appealing slides that introduce the concept of the periodic table. The images in the PowerPoint can be previewed at https://chemistryismyjam.com/trends-on-the-periodic-table/.
The notes of each slide contain a description of the concept as well as a link to a video about the concept. Links take you to the exact place in the video that covers the slide you are viewing! Videos can be previewed here: https://chemistryismyjam.com/the-periodic-table-playlist
The concepts covered include:
- Brief overview of element discovery
- John Newland’s contribution to the periodic table
- Dmitri Mendeleev’s contribution to the periodic table
- Dmitri Mendeleev’s predicted properties
- Groups versus periods
- Locations of metals, nonmetals, and metalloids on the periodic table
- Brief overview of properties of metals and nonmetals
- Names of major groups
- The octet rule
- Valence dot diagrams
- Trend in ion charges
- Explanation of ion charges (using Bohr models)
- Electron configuration of ions
- Trend in ionization energy
- Brief introduction to electron shielding
- Trend in electronegativity
- Trend in atomic radius
- Trend in reactivity
- Trend in ion size
Fun fact: Each video has a student handout in it’s description.
There are no reviews yet.